Read about our Mentor Program below and click the link at the bottom of the page to apply!
THE SUMMIT IS ONLY THE BEGINNING
Our globally acclaimed Mentor program is one of the key components that sets Three Dot Dash apart from other youth initiatives. Each Global Teen Leader (GTL) is carefully matched with an influencer specific to the GTLs’ goals, to work together for a minimum of one year and take their impact to new levels.
The Three Dot Dash Mentor program attracts influential experts and industry leaders from all walks of life and cultures around the world. While it is the GTL match that brings Mentors into the program, we have truly cultivated a unique super community of these thought leaders and continue to foster highly impactful networking and engagement between the GTLs, Mentors and team.
Based on a GTLs survey responses and one-on-one skype chats prior to Summit, Three Dot Dash identifies their needs, and carefully and strategically selects Mentors to match them with to help amplify their work and increase impact over the next 12 months.
Mentor matches are revealed to the GTLs on Mentor Day at the Summit. Mentors have a separate curriculum and networking session together followed by dynamic and unforgettable GTL / Mentor introductions. GTLs and Mentors work together the remainder of the day in a structured and creative atmosphere using various tools and resources to form bonds and set intentions and goals for the year ahead. The day is complete with a social dinner for all GTLs and Mentors to further network and strengthen relationships.
- Travel (self-funded) to Mentor Day during Summit week in New York City
- Attend the entire Mentor Day on Wednesday, March 7th from 10:00am-8.30pm
- Commit to 12 months of Mentorship following Mentor Day, although many relationships last MUCH longer by choice
- Communicate regularly during that year with matched GTL. Schedule is up to to the Mentor & GTL but we recommend at least once per month
- Submit a Post-Summit Survey, participate in check-in calls throughout the year and a year-end debrief
- Chip Sullivan, Executive Vice President, Communications, NBC
- Gligor Tashkovich, Minister of Foreign Investment, Republic of Macedonia
- Herb Scannell, President, BBC Worldwide
- Ilyasah Shabazz, Daughter of Malcom X and author of ‘Growing Up X’
- Jana Levene, Head of Google Ideas
- Julie Anderson, Oscar Nominated Film Director
- Kweku Mandela, Grandson to Nelson Mandela and founder, Out of Africa Entertainment
- Lenn Pryor, Product Manager, Facebook
- Libby Moore, Oprah’s former Chief of Staff
- Luis Moreno-Ocampo, first Chief Prosecutor, International Criminal Court
- Maurizio Vecchione, Senior advisor to Bill Gates / Sr. Vice President, Global Good and Research at Intellectual Ventures
- Michael Nyenhuis, President and CEO, AmeriCares
- Milton Speid, Global Partnerships, TED
- Nancy Aburi, Head of Private Sector Engagement, United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment, UN Women
- Pamela Bell, founding partner of brands Kate Spade and Jack Spade
- Richard Hunt ,Former Director for Medical and Public Health Preparedness and Response, National Security Staff at The White House
- Ross Bleckner, World-renowned Artist
MENTOR COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
Being a Three Dot Dash Mentor is more than mentorship, it is an opportunity to be a part of one of the most sought after influential communities of the world’s most disruptive social entrepreneurs and experts. We help foster and build impact based relationships that continue to push humanity forward.
- Meet ups and annual salon style supper dinners hosted by We Are Family Foundation
- Invitations to all We Are Family Foundation events and access to exclusive partner and community opportunities
- Private Mentor Facebook alumni group as well as private individual year groups