Open July 26, 2016
Deadline for 2017 Nominations is September 23, 2016, 11:59pm EST
An application is complete when both a NOMINATOR FORM and a NOMINEE FORM are completed and submitted by the application deadline. Failure to submit both forms will result in an automatic disqualification – there are no exceptions.
We are looking for the next Global Teen Leaders –
those who have identified a problem and a solution, and have taken direct action.
Potential GTLs must meet ALL of the following qualifications and requirements:
- Age 13-19 (at time of the 2017 Summit – March 10 – 17)
- Project or organization addresses one or more basic human need(s)
- Founder of your own project or organization
- Committed to growing your work and impact now and in the future
- Already achieving tangible results
- Speak and write English proficiently
- Able to travel to the United States
- Participate during the entire Summit (no exceptions)
- Be nominated by a qualified Nominator (SEE BELOW)
In order to apply, potential GTLs must be nominated by one of the following qualified Nominators:
- Three Dot Dash Coalition partner
- GTL Alumni
- Mentor Alumni
- A teacher or principal at your educational institution
- A member of We Are Family Foundation
For questions regarding the Nomination Process or interest in our Coalition Partners, email us.
Each year Three Dot Dash receives hundreds of applications which our internal selection committee reviews during Round 1. Qualifying applicants are then sent onto Round 2 where an external selection committee, consisting of 3 GTL alums, 2 Mentor alums and 1 expert within our global network makes the final 25-35 GTL selections (10 applicants are selected as “Alternates” in the event that any selected GTLs are unable to participate for any reason). All finalists will participate in a series of Skype interviews with the Three Dot Dash Team prior to receiving an acceptance offer.
The 2017 Summit will take place…
March 10 – 17, 2017 in New York City
All air/train travel, visa fees, hotel, meals and ground travel in NYC will be paid for
by We Are Family Foundation for selected GTLs.